The Snugpak® MML Softie® Smocks are ideal for a diverse range of operational environments, all year round, where the main environmental considerations are wind and cold weather, when thinner layers are insufficient to protect against the elements:
• HM Forces
• Reserve Forces
• Combined Cadet Forces
• Range Training Days
• Deployed Military Operations
The Snugpak® MML Softie® Smock is a tri-layer garment and uses both Paratex Micro as a face fabric, and an internal Softie® Premier fill, encapsulated with a Paratex Light lining. Designed to provide excellent thermal protection against the cold, as well as high protection against wind.
• MML3 (Softie® 3) 0℃ to -5℃
The MML Softie® Smock is lighter than normal expedition style jackets, and uses water resistant YKK zips, making it ideal for when size and weight need to be kept to an absolute minimum. It is ideally worn with a variety of base layers, such as a base layer, or issued UBACS, to move moisture away from the skin, keeping you dry and regulating core temperature in extremes of cold.
The quick drying, Paratex Micro 100% nylon material has a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish. Water repellency can be maintained with a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic re-treatment with suitable after care products, such as Nikwax and Grangers. The MML Softie® Smock will keep you dry in a short, light shower, giving you time to find a safe place to stop and put on more effective (hardshell) waterproof layers, if required. The MML Softie® Smock can also be worn under waterproof [PTFE] membrane hard shells in severe weather, still allowing easy access to your essential equipment.
In dry, colder conditions, the cut of the MML Smock enables you to layer effectively with additional thinner insulation, or warmer layers worn underneath so that core temperature can be effectively managed. In warmer months, the Softie 3 weight is light enough to be worn when static for long periods, such as on ranges, etc.
The MML Softie® Smock allows essential equipment to be carried centrally, with easy access when wearing a day sack, Bergen or climbing harness, as well as plate carriers and webbing systems and maintains its core functionality with other operational equipment, such as body armour.
Made in the UK. Support UK manufacturing and enjoy superior British quality.
• Crye Precision Multicam®
• Unisex Design
• Extremely Lightweight & durable, perfect for when weight and space need to be considered
• Windproof: The Paratex Micro fabric protects you from wind chill
• Breathable: The Paratex Micro high moisture-vapour transmission rate helps to keep you dry when you're active
• Comfortable: The Softie® Premier fill insulation is available in different weights for a range of temperatures and environments/weather
• APALS® Soft Hook & Loop Patches
• Unit/Name Badge Soft Hook & Loop Patches
• Large Map Chest Pocket, with Internal D-Rings
• Large & Small External Pouches
• External D-Ring for LED Torches, etc
• TS1 Lined Hand Warmer Muff Pocket, adds a layer of insulation to keep hands warm
• Thumb Loops
• Hem & Neck adjuster for a better fit, helping trap warm air and aid insulation
• 1/4 Length Water-resistant YKK Zip, to help trap warm air, or ventilate
• Soft Armour Panel (SAP) and Hard Armour Plate Carrier (PC) Compatible
• Customise with effective layering for colder weather or longer races
If your order is in stock and placed before noon on a working day, the order will be dispatched on the same day by 1st Class Mail or Next Day Parcel Service depending on the total weight of your goods. If you order after midday they may still be dispatched that day, otherwise they will be dispatched the next working day.
If you want to double check items are in stock before you make an order please give us a call first on 01748 833614, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via the website link.
John Bull Clothing has been established since 1984 and prides itself on its reputation for customer service and value for money.