Using similar characteristics to the original Defender, carefully refined to improve performance with upgrades with a narrower heel and more natural forefront shape which has similarities to running shoe technology providing a springy toe launch, making this an ideal boot for running or tabbing
Utilising a combination of 2.4mm and 1.8mm water repellent leathers with the thicker material offering more ankle protection and the softer thinner full grain leather providing the support around the leg and tongue to offer forgiveness whilst walking/running
• Sizes: Range from 3-14 (inc. 1/2 sizes between)
• Width: AForme - slightly wide forefoot, spring at toe and narrow heel and waist. For additional information see fitting advice at bottom of this page or click on the AForme logo
• Upper: 2.4mm full grain Anfibio water repellent leather (foot and heel) & 1.8mm soft supple full grain water repellent leather (leg and tongue
• Lining: Forefoot: spacer mesh, maximum breathability and zero moisture retention & Heel: Cambrelle breathable, absorbent, for all day comfort
• Midsole: Tri-Flex 2-3 season, good flex control and torsional resistance, graded individually for each size
• Sole: Vibram Masai and lightweight shock absorbing micro midlayer, full abrasion resistant rubber rand
• Weight: 710g (size 9)
• Height: 21.5cms (size 9 including heel)
• Footbed: Trek Airgrid Black
PLEASE NOTE: Altberg started introducing their new Defender Hi-Traction Sole onto their boots in June 2022 with an aim to replace all Vibram soles by February 2023. Whilst the new boots we stock have this new sole fitted we still do keep some older stock which features the Vibram sole. If in any doubt or wish to know which sole we have for a particular size, then please do ask
This was my first pair of Atlbergs after swearing by LOWA's for years. I was very pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they've been on a few good, and demanding, hikes so far. They feel like they're made with a lot of love, and I hope to get loads of life out of them for years to come. Am now hoping to make somebody's Christmas after ordering a second pair!
Exceeded expectations - delighted with the purchase. I took a pair of Lowe Mountain GTX round 80 miles of the Dolmites High Route #2 in the summer and they were amazing in that terrain. Not sure what the Altberg equivalent would be which I'm sure would be just as good? I wanted something more compatible with e.g. Salisbury Plain - lightweight, tough yet also supple. These are the perfect alternative. Really like the slightly wider fit and "roll" with the forward step. Superb boot with lovely soft leather inner lining.