This boot was developed in 2009 as a more robust running/tabbing version of the legendary Desert Microlite. The last (footshape) upon which it is made is the AForme (men’s), which uses running shoe dynamics and technology.
The leg of the boot is lower to enhance mobility when running on desert slab or rough terrain. Underneath the foot the sole gives good torsional stability and shock absorption, and the breathability of the boot is excellent - the suede and Cambrelle lining combination allows air circulation and fast drying.
SF = No hooks - will be introduced during the period December 2022 to May 2023 Product Features:
• Sizes: Range from 3 - 14 (inc. 1/2 sizes between) - Ask for sizes not specified above please
• Width: AForme - slightly wide forefoot and narrow heel
• Upper: 2.0mm full grain suede, European sourced, combined with breathable Cordura military grade fabric
• Lining: Cambrelle ultra breathable, non-waterproof membrane (forefoot is lined with spacer and mesh zero moisture retention
• Midsole: Tri-Flex 2-3 season, a combination of medium flex and torsional resistance, suitable for tabbing as well as rough terrain, excellent support of ankle and heel
• Sole: Defender Hi-Traction Sole - excellent up-hill traction and downhill braking. Slip Resistance: highest level SRC
• Weight: 640g (size 9)
• Height: 20.5cms (size 9 including heel)
• Footbed: Trek Airgrid Beige
Size and Fitting Advice
Here at John Bulls we’d recommend you choosing a 1/2 size above your normal shoe size as this allows for a thicker sock to be used with the boot
Altberg started introducing their new Defender Hi-Traction Sole onto their boots in June 2022 with an aim to replace all Vibram soles by February 2023. Practically all our boots now have the new Defender sole and sadly we can no longer order them with the older Vibram versions - These Defender soles are a far better sole in our opinion and the valuable feedback we're getting back from our customers